As part of the many things for which I am thankful, however, the realization that even that table was just a 'thing' and my very special memories are more about the people and more importantly the love for and from those people in my life is the treasure that I value.
As we sit down today around a fold-up table with a tablecloth thrown over, I will have so many rich blessings for which to be thankful to God:
- God Himself, with His everlasting and ever plentiful provision for all our needs (spiritual, emotional, physical and material)
- my husband - such an amazing blend of strong and sweet
- my kids - each with their unique personalities that bring joy to my life
- my family - most reliable in their ongoing support, not always for everything I do - but always there for me
- my friends - wonderful companions in this life, whether near or far
- my country - with its' own set of challenges and worries at the moment, but by far the country that provides us with liberty 'to pursue happiness'
So, whatever your table looks like on this day, however the meal turns out, no matter who wins the football game - it is my hope that pursuit of the 'perfect' Normal Rockwell table in the photo doesn't get in the way of being blessed by remembering what you have to be thankful for. I know that I am so much more thankful for this little fold-up table than I ever would have thought!